Following the simple but effective tips below can help.
– Check your personal details are correct and complete.
– Check contact details are current and make sure there is a good contact number for you (current work numbers may not always be advisable).
– Qualifications/Courses – list with dates obtained and any expiry dates that may be applicable.
– Career History – check there are no unexplained gaps in your career history and ensure last assignment/job is included.
– Spelling – is it correct? Check properly and don’t rely on ‘spell-checker’ also remember to look out for ‘americanisms’ – the last point may seem minor but it is picked up on a regular basis.
– Hobbies/Interests – a hobby that you regularly partake in is very different to a passing interest. Be clear about this as the interviewer may well have a similar hobby!
– Ensure CV is 2/3 pages as a maximum
Hope the advice helps.