|Our aims and objectives|
Doipo was established in January 2009 to make a real difference to the lives of ordinary people who need temporary, or short-term support, and who are missed by the larger charities.
Many ‘good causes’ are already well resourced. But despite the ‘Big Society’, we are increasingly aware of individuals in real need who are not able to access the help they need.
We are also concerned that the growing commercialisation of charity in the UK sometimes has an unwanted consequence of marginalising those whose need doesn’t fit a particular cause.
We believe one answer lies in working alongside individuals who are already ‘in touch’, through their work or leisure interests, with people who may need support, and we are already actively exploring some exciting new projects.
Our way of thanking some of the remarkable members of the Doipo, and continuing to put their principles and beliefs into practice.
|Our charitable objects|
Doipo Charity was founded with the following charitable objects:
1. The prevention or relief of poverty in any place agreed by the charity trustees by providing: grants, items and services to individuals in need and/or charities, or other organisations working to prevent or relieve poverty;
2. For the public benefit to promote the education (including social and physical training) of people of all ages in any place and in such ways as the charity trustees think fit;
3. The promotion of equality and diversity for the public benefit by the elimination of discrimination on the grounds of race, gender, disability and by promoting activities to foster understanding between people from diverse backgrounds;
4. To advance and preserve public health by the provision of advice, awareness, advocacy and the promotion of recreational and leisure time occupation;
5. To promote public benefit by any other charitable means agreed by the charity trustees from time to time.